Monday, July 25, 2011

Red, Black and Vanilla Anniversary Card















My original idea for this card was Vanilla and Black, with maybe a splash of red.


To start off with, I stamped the background images in each of the four corners (and once on the bottom left hand corner of the envelope) in black Crafters Ink. I added some sticky backed pearls, and waited for the images to dry while also waiting for inspiration to strike!


I decided I'd like to have a peice of vellum wrapped around the front of the card, with the 'Happy Anniversary' sentiment in the middle. I stamped the 'HAPPY' sentiment in Fired Brick Distress Ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I added the 'Anniversary' using alphabet stickers, but thought it still looked a bit plain, so I wrapped the vellum around a peice of Crimson cardstock, with both edges scalloped. Yup, it was starting to take shape! Some red organdy ribbon one one side almost completed the card.


Then it hit me (not literally)! A couple of cute little love hearts on the other side to even it out, and symbolising the two hearts involved in a wedding anniversary. I had some chipboard hearts in my stash, so I inked them in the Red Brick, and added some Ice Stickles. The Red Brick added the exact colour I needed to co-ordinate with the rest of my card, but adding the Ice Stickles wasn't quite the effect I was looking for, so I poured some sparkly red glitter on top (the Ice Stickles acting like glue to hold the glitter). Perfect! Now, the Ice Stickles step wasn't needed, but I didn't realise that when I was colouring the love hearts. After inking, I could've added Glossy Accents to the chipboard and then poured the glitter on top. For a more 'natural' look, I could've skipped the inking step. Each of these three steps are great for altering chipboard.




Using repositional tape will hold the chipboard in place before you start inking.

No comments:

Post a Comment