Sunday, July 24, 2011

Simply Adorable Baby Shower Card


This card was so much fun to make, that I had to share it with you! 

To be honest, it's really quite a basic card. That's one thing that I love about cardmaking - it doesn't have to be fancy to be fancy! What I mean is, you don't have to spend hours and use every technique known to cardmakers to make a nice looking card.

For this card, I started out with the Butterscotch cardstock. I don't know the sex of the baby, and thought the light orange would make a great gender neutral card. The orange provided the basis for my colour choices. I knew the orange wouldn't be enough, so I threw in some of the green to help it pop, but before I did that, I punched the scallop edge on the green to add some interest.

I knew before I started the card that I wanted to use the Eclectic stamp set to spell out 'BABY', but I also knew I wanted to try something a bit different, so I stamped the letters onto some cardstock using Watermark Ink, and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

With some Distress Ink*, I coloured in behind the lettering, using the resist technique. I 'painted' the Distress Ink onto my cardstock using my fingers. First I put some onto my glass craft mat, and then sprayed a little water onto it from my Mini Mister, then dabbed it onto my embossed letters. I repeated this with two other colours, leaving gaps in between each colour to fill in with another one. The result is a watercolour look.

I cut each letter out, added Magic Mount to the back, and attached it to the Butterscotch strip.

I knew that I also wanted to added the animals from the Adorable Rollagraph, so I repeated my steps above using the Rollagraph.

After attaching my mini animals with Magic Mount, I added my alphabet stickers, and drew a border around the card with a black Permaball Pen.

I used Vanilla cardstock for the base of the card.

* Colours used: Wild Honey, Shabby Shutters and Tattered Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment