Saturday, January 14, 2012

Shiny Chipboard

Following on from yesterday's post, I wanted to show you my altered chipboard word.



















I chose 'adore' because to me, it fit with the Romance theme, and it fit the photo for my layout.


I coloured my chipboard word with Smooch (in Carrot). Wait for it to dry, then applied Glossy Accents over the top in a thick layer. The Smooch adds a little shimmer, and the Glossy Accounts finishes the chipboard so it's shiny and looks like it was store bought.

To keep the chipboard still while I Smooched and Glossed, I adhered it to my work mat. I only removed it after it was completely dry. Adhering it to my work mat also meant I could move the whole mat out of my way so I could keep working without worrying about smudging my drying artwork!

How do you alter chipboard?

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I use chipboard primarily to make labels on my cards. Since the only letters I've found are large, I luse them for my bulletin boards at school.

    ReplyDelete